Monday, December 10, 2012

Thank You

Mother, since I was born I know you've done your best,
Since I was tiny, held tightly against your chest.
When you opened the door for me to leave our nest,
Reading to us before every Christmas,
"The Night Before Christmas" and "Polar Express"
You taught us about Eric Carle and Claude Monet
You read us "I'll Love You Forever" and told us everyday
Thank you for letting us be who we were born to be,
Teaching us right from wrong,  
And shaping us to be individuals
We are grown up now big and strong,
We are your masterpieces
And now you have three more,
And you are the best artist anyone could ask for.
So thank you. That silver bell still rings for me
and"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my Mommy you'll be."      

No comments:

Post a Comment