Sunday, April 29, 2012

Neverland


Call all of the lost boys I’m leaving Neverland,
I’m packing away my toys, and my stories,
Leaving them for recollection down the road.
Farewell! Farewell, for you cannot join me past the folds
Of time. Leave you in the rhyme, I must, I must
Dust you off when I’m old and yearning.
Gone are the days when we watched the dinosaurs
Float through the sky. Gone are mermaids, talking cars,
The genie, his lamp, and dreams of conquering mars.
 I must take my place as Atlas, and there is no room for bliss.
My bags are packed. My feet are ready. No time for a goodbye kiss
Piglet, I must be off. But soon I find,
On the edge of 100 Acre I realize I haven’t a clue!
Because my heart is a big jar of honey, filled up just for Pooh.
Because I wish I had three wishes, all of them to stay with you.
Farewell to the others who lives will be bland,
Call all of the Lost Boys I’m never leaving Neverland!  

No comments:

Post a Comment